a lifestyle blog by emma kilgour

20 February 2018

TATTU RESTAURANT AND BAR



I couldn't not write a post on this extraordinary restaurant and bar as it's my all time favourite! it's located in the
heart of Spinningfields in Manchester. Precisely - Gartside street, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester,
M3 3EB.
Offering contemporary Chinese cuisine 'fusing traditional Asian flavours with exquisite presentation delivered by
head chef, Clifton Muil, and his talented team.'
'Tattu takes inspiration from body art and its rich history, inviting guests on a sensory journey from East to West,
delivering a unique experience unlike any other.' I've visited quite a few times now and each time truly gets better
and better, there's never a bad word to say.
If somebody was to ask me to recommend somewhere to eat in Manchester wether they're travelling or live in
Manchester themselves I would 100% recommend Tattu restaurant every single time without fail.









The look.

As you can see they really do take inspiration from body art, I mean look at the canvas it's utterly beautiful.
They've taken a simple body image and added the body art in the Chinese/ Asian style and not to mention the
flowers! how stunning! also the detailing on the tiled floor, such incredible intricate designs they've added to
the decor. You just can't begin to imagine how much thought was put into creating this outstanding restaurant.

What amazes me is that they have even thought of including a real tree to the centre of the restaurant, a real tree but
artificial yet gorgeous branches and cherry blossom flowers that they change from time to time. They have recently
changed the colour of the blossom to red just in time to celebrate the Chinese new year.







The menus.

They have 7 menu's at the moment. 5 types of food menu's and then the obvious drink and dessert menu.
I've only added photos of the pages my boyfriend and I order from so don't think is that it? because trust me there's
so much more to choose from.

1. LUNCH menu.
2. A LA CARTE menu.
3. DESSERT menu.
4. CHINESE NY menu.
5. CANAPES menu.
6. LARGE PARTIES menu.
7. DRINKS menu - everyone's favourite.








The starters.

We consistently choose the same 3 starters!

NO.1 being my first choice of the mixed dim sum basket at £12.50 on the 'steamed' side of the 'dim sum' page (none
vegetarian) as you can see in the third and fourth photo above. The white dim sum - wagyu. The red dim sum - Thai
chicken. The black dim sum - black cod. They have recently changed the none vegetarian dim sum basket so before
they were changed my absolute favourite was the red one! - Thai chicken and now they have replaced one of the old
ones with the new wagyu dim sum and I just can not explain the taste. This is extremely cheesy but the only thing I
can say is it's out of this world I honestly haven't tasted anything like it before.

NO.2 is my boyfriends favourite - the chilli salt baby squid on the 'small plates' page at £9 such beautiful squid as
you can see in the first photo.

NO.3 is one to share! We always choose - crispy duck rolls, honestly these are the nicest duck rolls I've ever tasted,
tiny but so worth it. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! you can see them on the 'fried and baked' side
of the 'dim sum' page at £8.







The mains.

NO.1 I have a really bad habit of sticking to the same thing - black pepper and honey ribs at £21 including - black
pepper, garlic and chilli's it's so sweet yet super spicy. I should really start trying something else but I can't eat at
tattu without ordering the ribs! This is another dish from their menu that I just can not describe. They're honestly
unbelievable.

I also get egg fried rice as a side at £4, I recommend you adding the sauce from the ribs into the rice. I honestly
would just order the rice and the honey rib sauce if i could it's absolutely stunning!

NO.2 I didn't manage to take a photo of my boyfriends order as he had scoffed it up before I had the chance but you
can see the plate slightly in the background. He ordered the chinese barbeque chicken main including - chilli,
sweet soy and garlic at £17.50.


I just wanted to add that i'm not really one for drinking so I can't add a photo of a cocktail i've taken personally
but I have chosen a few above from their website. Tattu's cocktails are serious masterpieces!

We may go again for our anniversary next month so i'll keep you up to date with the next chosen mains.
I definitely need to pick something else! maybe the black bean baby chicken? we shall see.

If you've been before please share your experiences in the comments section below and if you haven't been then try
something new and book in using their website here.
Thank you for reading!


Like my FACEBOOK PAGE.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Your pics are soo gorgeous! Looks like a fab place!

    Maddie | tigerlilydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that thank you! and it is! you should visit xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig