a lifestyle blog by emma kilgour

24 January 2017

THOSE VALENTINE IDEAS



Happy Tuesday viewers!! As you all know valentine's day is approaching. It's only 22 days from today... and I know
how hard it is to think of fun, romantic and relaxing things to do so I have decided to be your helping hand on this
one and give you some ideas. 

I have had so many ideas for valentine's day this year but unfortunately I can't afford them all. If you're going to be
in charge of this valentine's day then do it right and surprise him/ her, wether you want to plan it together or plan it
yourself think of things you've never done before and impress the sh** out of them.

I've been in a relationship since 2013, A very long time for a 19 year old... to be honest i've sort of expected my
boyfriend to 'pull something out of the bag' every year since we've been together, I feel that most girls expect their
man to shower them in surprises, roses and chocolates on valentine's day rather then the women surprising him but
we shouldn't think like that, even though it's nice to be treated like a princess for the day it's also very satisfying to
do the same for your partner. 

As i'm based in Manchester UK i've been thinking of some local places to visit here but i'm sure wherever you're
based there will be places and things to do that are similar to my ideas. If you have any recommendations then
comment below.

* * * GIFT * * *

GIFTS... we all get each other chocolates and a card right? and the male would get the female roses, well don't men
like flowers too? maybe not but they still deserve them, buy him flowers in his favourite colour to show you pay
attention... or something he's wanted for a while but just won't buy himself... jewellery for instance, a nice bracelet
or a smart necklace to go with suits? I've seen some lovely jewellery for men at selfridges and 'H samuel' recently.

* * * HOTEL * * *

If you sign up to the 'hilton hhonors' membership for free you can get the exact room you want for cheaper, there's
also 'marriott hotels' that are stunning!! or if you just want to book any hotel that suits you then have a look on
'booking.com' they give you a selection to choose from wether it's hotels, apartments, guest houses or deals for bed
and breakfast.

* * * SPA * * * 

I've never been on a spa day, I know sad isn't it... so I can't really recommend any but I know it would be amazing to
go and get a massage and a pamper after constantly being in work. I know that the hotels I mentioned above have
spas, so maybe booking a hotel room and a spa day would be the perfect valentine's surprise?

* * * RESTAURANT * * *

I recommend any indians as you cannot go wrong with a curry, although do you really want to have curry breath on
valentine's day? lets scrap indians then and go with english? maybe a little cottage like pub in the country side? I
know a lovely one called 'the raven' based in Tyldesley, the restaurant doesn't have a website but if you want more
details comment below.

I deeply recommend this Chinese/ Asian restaurant/ bar in spinning fields named tattu, it has such an unusual
gorgeous scene to it, oh and only the best entertainer working there on weekends you should go and see him!! 

If you want to go for a more Italian feel then 'ROSSO' is a great one, owned by the man himself Rio Ferdinand. It's
very popular with famous people and if you order a pizza I can assure you it will be larger than you both.

* * * AFTERNOON TEA * * *

If you want to go for a classy lunch then 'cloud 23' at the hilton hotel is the one for you, you can choose from a
regular afternoon tea or one including champaign... or they even have a valentines day one fit for the occasion. All
different menus of course.

* * * GETAWAY * * *

'PARIS is always a good idea' I swear that's a quote?! but yeah paris is a great idea and so romantic. I see photos of
couples standing under the eiffel tower and clipping their padlocks onto bridges all the time, I'm so jealous.
I'd say Amsterdam, Prague and Venice are really popular/ romantic places to go with your partner as well, I think it
just depends on what you like doing as a couple and which city would suit you best.

Do you have any valentine's ideas?

Follow me on INSTAGRAM/BLOGLOVIN'/TWITTER.

Like my FACEBOOK PAGE.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are all such lovely suggestions! Unfortunately I'll have to save most of them for next year, hoping I'll have a bit more spare money to spend on Valentine's day, but my boyfriend and I are leaving for Prague tomorrow, so we already have that covered. Not really a Valentine's trip per se, but it is said to be a very romantic city indeed and I feel like we both deserve a little getaway after our exams and right before my boyfriend's upcoming internship. Lovely post!

    xoxo
    Freya
    thatgirlyt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Freya, wow amazing! i'm so jealous, my sister went to Prague a few years back and she absolutely loved it so I'm sure you will and yeah exactly it's nice to have a little getaway when you've been so busy, you appreciate it more. I hope you have a lovely time xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig