a lifestyle blog by emma kilgour

24 October 2017

A TINGE OF RUBY RED



I have a very exciting post to share with you guys today. I've been working along side janenorman.co.uk the last few
months and have to say their clothing has changed dramatically over the past couple of years. 

remember shopping there when I was little with my mum, if I remember correctly the age bracket was aimed
towards teenagers in the 1990's but really it was targeting more of the middle aged generation or at least a decade
older anyway, hence why my mum shopped there...
I feel a lot of people still think of how it used to be back in the 90's and it's a shame that they have this totally
different perception of it, the clothing they produce on there now is heaps better than a lot of UK based clothing
retailers I've seen by far and it deserves more of a substantial amount of teenage customers in my eyes, so give them
a glance if you haven't already.

I have been working with the brand manager for the company and she generously sent me a few things from their
current range to present to you all on herinnerwardrobe.com, these are some of my personal favourites and I hope
you love them just as much as I do.





I chose these cherry red faux suede boots from their current range. As soon as I saw they sold them in red I fell in
love. I don't really own a lot of red clothing, or accessories for that matter and I knew I had to have them. The
cherry red makes any simple outfit so classy and sophisticated.

The leather strap detailing gives the outfit such a sharp unique finish and they're just so stunning, not to mention
ridiculously easy to walk in and extremely comfortable. 

I have a ton of boots & heels and these are by far my favourite shoes, I'm wearing them to death!! and will probably
have to go back for the black ones shortly. 


Pssstt... they are currently in the sale both red and black so grab them while you can.

I would definitely team them with some skinny jeans you can easily tuck into or even a three quarter/ cropped jean
would look great.

 I teamed them with a light grey skinny jean and a blue striped off the shoulder top.

I think they would look incredible when the weather starts to brighten up with a little white summer dress, this one
from their website has caught my eye recently, featuring crochet inserts and a fitted bust with ruffle straps and hem,
and even better it's now in the sale.


In this photo I teamed them with the same light grey skinny jeans and a multi coloured striped dress. Personally I
think a dress like this goes so well as the red stripe has a slight hint of cherry in it.

If you want to wear a long top/ dress with these boots I would definitely recommend choosing a striped or plain item
of clothing rather than patterned as it might be a bit overwhelming.

Overall these boots are a must and I can't imagine my wardrobe without them.

If you're interested in taking a closer look at these gorgeous boots they're right here sign up to the newsletter and get
10% off anything full price on your first order.



I decided on these heels too as they're 'totally versatile' they can be teamed with dress for the day and a light or
dark pair of skinny jeans throughout the evening.

I love that they're a dark chocolate colour, I feel that dark colours are much better than light coloured heels, they
really show off your tanned legs... that's if you have a tan of course, which means if you don't they give you an
excuse to book a holiday!!

They're a stiletto heel with a zip fastening back and a textured faux leather fabric. I definitely chose them because of
the fabric, I love any leather shoes that have some sort of snake or crocodile print and the suede detailing along the
side of the shoe is to die for.




These khaki cage like heels are another pair of my choice. I absolutely love the tiny snake skin texture along the
middle and side caging, and those eyelets along the leather khaki straps give it such a fierce look!! 

I would team these stilettos with a simple cream or black dress with gold detailing and accessories to match the
eyelets. I would say they're more of a statement heel so I recommend paring them with a simple outfit and
accessories that stand out.

These heels are also in the sale, they're the cheapest of them all so grab them here before it's too late.




 I paired this bardot jumper with some long fitted rolled up white jeans and loafers... this jumper can be worn with
literally anything. I think it would work with leggings, any style or colour of jeans, whether it's boyfriend, mom or
skinny jeans or even wearing it as a dress works so well.

I added a little white belt for some tightness along the waistline, I recently tried this with a black bulkier belt with
gold detailing and it looks incredible, maybe mix and matching colours would work too as I've only added white
here.

It comes in grey and light blue and has just made it's way into sale.



I love how this outfit really makes it look classy yet casual, where as, if you wore it as a dress, took away the belt
and added heels and a clutch it would become the perfect evening outfit. It's so easy to dress it up or down, that's
what I love about it.

It's such a warm chunky piece of knitwear, I feel that knitwear is usually quite thin and becomes very bobbly but
I've had so much wear out of this over the Christmas period and it's still in perfect condition. I really like how thick
the material is it's so comfy. If you're interested in this piece have a glance here.




I absolutely love this seasons trends, over sized materials, ruffles, tassel's and frills. This poncho fits in extremely
well to the theme with it's over sized slouched neckline and tassel's.

I really like how they have designed a whole new look for the poncho with this creative neckline and everybody
loves a cable knit sweater so hats off to Jane Norman for partnering these two together. 

Both ponchos in black and white have made it to the sale.



The day these photos were taken it was quite a warm sunny day, I wore a little black lacy top so I thought I'd throw
the poncho over the top as there was still a cool breeze and that's what's amazing about ponchos you can literally
throw them over anything and then you're ready to go.

I wasn't wearing a long sleeved top, although my arms weren't covered I didn't really feel any breeze on my arms
which is great, the thickness of the tassel's were covering them up just fine.

If you want to take a closer look at this cable knit then click here.

I know a lot of you are searching for swimwear this time of year for upcoming holidays so I thought I'd quickly
mention there's a brand new swimwear range on Janenorman.co.uk right now along with their spring collection, I
hope you all enjoy.



Like my FACEBOOK PAGE.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig